Breeding Business is a wonderful source of up-to-date information on dog breeding, canine genetics, dog health, and veterinary-related content. For years, it has been a trusted source for those involved with breeding better dogs, responsibly, and with knowledge.
Our Annual Scholarship Program is here for a reason: we want to help student gain the expertise they need in order to get a good start in life. Ideally, we would love to pick a student who really wants to succeed. There is no fee for applying.
- Prize: $500 towards tuition fees of an accredited college or university
- Deadline: must be received by email by September 30, 2018
- Last Winner: it’s our first time!
The winning participant will be picked and announced on October 15, 2018. He or she will be notified by email and will have fifteen days to respond, otherwise they forfeit their scholarship and another winner may be chosen. The decision is based on the joint quality of the cover letter and the essay, as decided by the Director(s) of Breeding Business.
- You need to be a resident of the United States
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of an associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree. (We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or college enrollment.)
- If you’re a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you’re in college, your GPA must be 2.5 or above.
- If you’re in graduate school, you must have “Pass” in a Pass/Fail grading system.
- You can’t be knowingly related to anyone who wrote an article Breeding Business
How To Apply
- Write at least 500 words telling us more about yourself and explaining why you deserve to win
- Write an essay pertaining to dog breeding or canine genetics between 1,000 and 2,000 words
- Submit your work at email@example.com, as follows:
- Use “Breeding Business Scholarship.” as subject line
- Make sure you include your Full Name, Mobile Phone and Address
- Also write the name of the School, College or University
How To Win
Your submission/application will be judged based on:
- 40% — Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% — Quality of composition
- 20% — Mention of scientific or academic papers
- 10% — Grammatical accuracy
There is only one winner each year.
Terms & Conditions
Breeding Business, and Lazhar Limited, will not charge or ask for any fees from any student who wish to join our Annual Scholarship Program. Incomplete entries will not be processed and will be discarded without the need for us to inform the applicant. Only the winner of the program will be contacted; applicants who have not been contacted by Lazhar Limited or Breeding Business passed the deadline should consider the application as fully rejected. Non-English submissions will not be considered. Breeding Business will solely decide whether to pay the prize directly to the applicant, or to the accredited college or university instead.
By sending a submission (or essay) to Lazhar Limited (a company registered in England & Wales, No. 09740325), I am representing that I am the author and copyright owner of the submission and/or have all rights necessary to provide this submission (including images) to Lazhar Limited. And I have granted Lazhar Limited an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, fully-paid up, royalty-free transferable right and license, with right to sub-license, publish, republish, resell, distribute, copy and edit the submission an unlimited number of times in all forms and all media whether now known or to become known in the future.